Welcome to The Lanes Primary School.
The Lanes Primary School was formed in 2017 as an amalgamation of Meadow Lane Infant School and College House Primary School.
The Lanes Primary School is based on two sites - Reception and Year 1 at the Meadow Lane site and Years 2 -6 at the Cator Lane site.
At The Lanes Primary School we are dedicated and committed to developing an outstanding learning experience for all our children.
We are committed to:
- Developing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Having the highest expectations of all our pupils and knowing our children well.
- Challenging all our children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant and enriched curriculum.
- Developing a truly inclusive school, where all our children can flourish whatever their background, abilities, religion, gender or beliefs.
- Celebrating achievement in all areas, valuing academic, creative, sporting and personal development equally.
- Fostering an ethos of respect and empathy.
- Instilling a lifelong love of learning and a strong grounding for future success.
- Ensuring that children feel secure and happy.
We celebrate perseverance; resilience and risk taking, ensuring children welcome challenge and are not frightened to make mistakes. We encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and curiosity to ask questions, solve problems and respond to quality feedback. Children are praised for hard work, determination and having a positive attitude. We encourage the children to be proud of the school and their achievements in all areas of the curriculum. We foster open and honest communication with parents and actively seek to engage with all members of the community in a positive and collaborative manner.
If you would like to find out more about our school we would be more than happy to meet you and show you around. Please contact the office (on either site) to book an appointment.
Joanne Revill - Head Teacher