The Lanes Fundraising Group
Fireworks Evening Information Letter
Carnival car boot application form
Unfortunately we have had to cancel the upcoming Quiz Night - this will be rescheduled for a later date.
Who are we?
The Lanes Fundraising Group is made up of parents, carers and school staff who together organise fundraising events to benefit the school and entertain pupils, families and the local community. We meet (on average) a couple of times a term to organise these events and ensure they happen safely and successfully.
The Lanes Fundraising Group is a registered charity (No 518492) and all work done by the group is voluntary, with all the money raised going to the school.
Why join The Lanes Fundraising Group?
Without the support of parents and carers, the fundraising events would fail, the group would cease and the school would not be able to fund the wide range of activities currently available.
What kind of events and activities do we arrange?
- Summer Carnival (June) – our biggest community event at the Cator Lane site
- Fireworks night in November – a fantastic double display with hot food on sale
- Discos after school every term – at both sites, always a hit with the children
- Family Quiz night – fun for all with these brain teasers and games
- Christmas Fayre – with that special festive guest
- Non-uniform days for tombola donations
Pupils and staff get involved in the preparation and running of events (e.g. making chocolate apples for Fireworks night and running stalls at the Carnival). This helps to create a real community feel as well as a sense of achievement for everyone involved.
How much has been raised in the past?
In the 2016/17 school year we raised £10,000. This was donated to the school in October 2017. The money was used across both sites during the 17/18 school year to fund the following:
* Tram tickets for visits to the Lakeside Centre, the Nottingham Caves and Nottingham Playhouse
* Football kit and tracksuit tops
* The DARE programme for Year 6 (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
* Wildlife garden resources
* Carnival resources for the children’s games
* Year 6 SATs breakfast
* Meadow Lane library equipment
* Hot water urns (vital for future fundraising events!)
* The Trim Trail (£5,000 contribution)
In previous years, funds raised have contributed to items such as: new sound equipment, i-pads and computers, subsidising school trips, new sensory equipment and funding theatre and music performances.
Following a very successful year of fundraising across 2017/18 supported by families, staff and the local community, we were very proud to be able to donate £11,000 to the school in October 2018.
Please help us to continue to raise money to purchase equipment and experiences that will enhance our children’s education.
How to get involved:
As children leave The Lanes, so parents and carers leave the fundraising group and we are always in need of new committee members and volunteers to help run a stall, help out at discos, fold raffle tickets, put up posters and numerous other tasks.
We know that people are very busy – we appreciate your help, whatever time you have available.
- Join the mailing list – Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’d like to join the mailing list. We can keep you up to date with meetings and fundraising plans.
- Help us with new fundraising ideas - by email or catch us at an event, or better still come along to a meeting
- Come to a meeting – school advertise the meetings for us plus you’ll get an email with the date if you’re on our mailing list
- Volunteer at events – always a great way to get involved with the school and have fun
- Keep coming to events and supporting events with donations, bring your family and friends
Ways to get in touch?
Let us know if you have any skills/interests that would benefit our fundraising efforts e.g. design, marketing, catering, crafts, links with other groups, admin etc
We look forward to meeting you!