Ethos and Values
At The Lanes Primary School we are dedicated and committed to developing an outstanding learning experience for all our children.
We are committed to:
- Developing outstanding teaching and learning
- Having the highest expectations of all our pupils and knowing our children well.
- Challenging all children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant and enriched curriculum.
- Developing a truly inclusive school, where all children can flourish whatever their background, abilities, religion, gender or beliefs.
- Celebrating achievement in all areas, valuing academic, creative, sporting and personal development equally.
- Fostering an ethos of respect and empathy
- Instilling a lifelong love of learning and a strong grounding for future success.
- Ensuring that children feel secure and happy.
We celebrate perseverance; resilience and risk taking, ensuring children welcome challenge and are not frightened to make mistakes. We encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and curiosity to ask questions, solve problems and respond to quality feedback. Children are praised for hard work, determination and having a positive attitude. We encourage the children to be proud of the school and their achievements in all areas of the curriculum. We foster open and honest communication with parents and actively seek to engage with all members of the community in a positive and collaborative manner.
Our School motto is ‘Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it.'
Our school values are :
Democracy, Honesty, Friendship, Resilience, Positivity, Pride, Kindness, Happiness, Determination, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork.
Promoting Fundamental British Values.
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is "right" and "wrong", all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs