SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
The priorities for 2021-22 are:
Quality of Education
To review the curriculum to ensure that ALL children make progress with knowledge and skills and that it is broad and balanced.
To improve the teaching and learning of writing through school to lead to improved progress and attainment.
To monitor the delivery of the maths scheme to ensure good progress and attainment.
To ensure that reading continues to have a high profile across school. To ensure that early reading and phonics teaching is strong and understood by staff.
To develop and extend Outdoor Learning in school.
Behaviour and Attitudes
To review the behaviour policy post Covid.
To review playtime and lunchtime provision to ensure that this time is valuable for all children.
To continue to work to ensure that the school is a safe place where everyone is treated with respect.
Early Years Education
To ensure the implementation of the new Baseline assessment.
To review in year assessment practices.
To improve GLD score from 2020.
To identify the gaps due to Covid and plan catch up as appropriate.
To ensure that the curriculum reflects Development Matters and the whole school curriculum.
To further develop communication with parents.
Leadership and Management
To use the Pupil Premium and Catch up funding well to support the learning and progress of children.
To develop a clear programme of CPD for all staff.
To encourage all staff to take on leadership opportunities in school.
To ensure that the Governing body has a clear action plan and understanding of their role.
To develop Pupil Voice in school.
To review RSHE policy and ensure that the teaching of this is robust across school.
To further embed the school values across the school community.
To ensure that nurture provision continues to develop to support the wellbeing of children and families.
To develop the range of extra curricular activities post Covid.
1. To develop teaching and learning in maths to improve attainment and progress across school.
2. To improve consistency in Teaching and Learning across school. To ensure that all teaching across school is at least good.
3. To develop strategies to support the wellbeing of staff and pupils and our community.
4. To continue to embed distributed leadership through the continued development of teams in school. To provide a high standard of remote and/or blended learning in the case of full or partial school closure.
5. To embed the English long term plan and to develop teaching in GPS and writing through school to improve progress and attainment.