School uniform helps to promote a feeling of belonging to a special group of people; it saves arguments about what a child wants to wear; it avoids children coming to school in undesirable fashions; and it encourages children to maintain a neat and tidy appearance.
Items can be brought from the following suppliers:
‘TGR Embroidery’ on Attenborough Lane, ‘Morleys’ on Bramcote Avenue or Tesco Online via
The Lanes Primary School Uniform consists of:
- Grey/black trousers or shorts
- Grey/black skirt or pinafore dress
- White shirt or polo shirt
- Royal blue cardigan, jumper or sweatshirt
- Blue and white checked dress
- Black shoes (No trainers)
The Lanes Primary School PE kit consists of:
- White/ royal blue t shirt
- Black shorts
- Plimsolls and trainers
- Tracksuit bottoms (outdoor PE)
- Fleece top/ sweatshirt (outdoor PE)
- Year 3 pupils also require a swimming kit
Extra items required are:
- A named drawstring PE bag
- A painting overall for arts / crafts lessons (e.g. an old shirt adult size)
- School caps or appropriate sunhats for hot weather
- Children are required to bring a coat to school every day in the colder months and a shower proof jacket is advisable in summer.
Other considerations are:
- It is advisable that long hair be tied back so that it remains out of the child's eyes when they are working.
- Nail varnish should not be worn.
- Jewellery should not be worn.
- It is inadvisable for children to wear ear rings to school but small plain studs may be worn if parents feel that this is necessary. Children must be able to remove these themselves for PE as the use of tape to cover these is no longer permitted.
- Children often lose property and we ask parents to mark all clothing, and as far as possible, other items brought to school, with their child's name in order that belongings may be returned as soon as possible.